A user interface is part of the computer frontend and refers to the visual and interactive Interface:interface between a user and a software application. It allows the user to interact with the application and control its functions.
Requirements for user interfaces
A good user interface is characterised by several factors:
- Intuitive and easy to understand usability.
- Appealing design.
- Clear structuring and navigation.
- Consistent design of buttons and menus.
- Appropriate size and placement of controls.
- Fast response time to user interactions.
- Accessibility for people with different abilities or disabilities.
A good user interface contributes significantly to the user experience (UX) and can thus influence the success of an application.
You need help? We offer provider-neutral consulting.